Production Manager Job Posting
Classic Theatre Festival, Ottawa
The Classic Theatre Festival is seeking a Production Manager for this summer of 2022 to assist us with our relaunch in Ottawa at Arts Court Theatre. We will be producing “The Fourposter” by Jan de Hartog.
Reporting to the Artistic Producer, the duties of the PM shall be as follows:
- oversee all design elements to ensure timely completion
- determination of human resource requirements as they pertain to the PM’s duties
- production scheduling, including coordination of production meetings with all departments
- coordination of warehouse preparation and closing
- source, manage and enforce a production budget
- supervision and execution of set build, including load-in, load-out and setup in consultation with the Set Designer and Technical Director
- acquisition and delivery of set and prop materials, including returns of said materials in original condition where required
- supervise lighting hang and focus in consultation with the Lighting Designer and Technical Director
- assist with sound design in consultation with the Director and Sound Designer
- scheduling and management of volunteers as they relate to the above.
The Production Manager will have at least 2 years experience or equivalent. Qualifications and experience as a Stage Carpenter are assets.
Rehearsals: July 19 to Aug. 4
Previews: Aug. 5 at 7:30pm; Aug. 6 at 1:30pm
Opening: Aug. 6 at 7:30pm
Run: To Aug. 28
The production schedule is as follows:
July 11 to 29 – set build offsite and props build/purchase
July 30 to Aug. 1 – set load in and install
Aug. 2 – Q to Q
Aug. 3 – Tech Dress
Aug. 4 – Dress
Aug. 5 – Preview
Aug. 6 – Preview and Opening
Aug. 28/29 – Strike and returns
The contract would commence in March, working remotely, then onsite from July 11 to Aug. 6.
Contract Fee: $4,000
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with references to Laurel Smith, Artistic Producer: email@example.com