The Classic Theatre Festival is seeking applications for the following positions for the 2015 summer season (click on position for more information below):
We are Ottawa Valley’s only professional theatre company, producing two shows each summer in Perth, Ontario (an hour south of Ottawa). The 2015 season productions are:
BAREFOOT IN THE PARK by Neil Simon
(running July 10 to Aug. 2)
WAIT UNTIL DARK by Frederick Knott
(running Aug. 7 to 30)
Please provide cover letter, resume and references. Emails only please to: Laurel Smith, Artistic Producer, email@example.com
PRODUCTION MANAGER: The job entails:
– organize and coordinate setup of theatre space for the Festival’s use, including light, sound, set and stage install;
– source materials and suppliers;
– liaise with all venue suppliers;
– oversee all design elements;
– determining and acquiring human resource requirements as they pertain to the PM’s duties;
– production scheduling, including coordination of production meetings;
– supervision and execution of set build, including load-in, load-out and setup;
– acquisition and delivery of set and prop materials, including returns;
– lighting hang and focus in consultation with the Lighting Designer;
– assist with sound design in consultation with the Director (knowledge of sound editing essential);
– scheduling and management of volunteers as they relate to the above.
The successful candidate works well with others, particularly volunteers, can meet deadlines and budgets, is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and works well under pressure.
SET DESIGNER: The successful candidate will be skilled at supervision and implementation of set construction, have meticulous attention to detail, be able to work within a limited budget, and have skill at creating both ground plans and ground elevations to scale.
LIGHTING DESIGNER: The successful candidate will be able to meet deadlines, be skilled at creation of a full lighting plot, supervise lighting hang and focus, have meticulous attention to detail, and be able to work within a limited budget.